Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021 Program
This article shares A to Z information about Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021. You can get information about the eligibility criteria, the application procedure for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program 2021.
Information About Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are now available, and Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and international citizens are all encouraged to apply.
Under the Vanier CGS scheme, you can take advantage of this fantastic chance to study for a rewarding and tuition-free Ph.D. in Canada.
The eligibility criteria should be carefully studied.
Vanier CGS: A Quick Overview
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was established to attract and maintain top-tier Ph.D. candidates, as well as to position Canada as a global leader in research and higher education.
The scholarships are for doctoral studies (or a combination of MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.).
Value and Duration of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021
For three years, the scholarships are valued at $50,000 every year. The annual value of each Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is $50,000. Annually, up to 166 scholarships are given out.
Institution(s) hosting the event:
Universities in Canada with a Vanier CGS allotment. The Vanier CGS is only tenable at the qualifying Canadian institution that made the nomination, without exception.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Level/Fields of study for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021:
Ph.D. programs in health research, natural sciences and/or engineering research, and social sciences and/or humanities research (or combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.) are available.
As a condition for program completion, a qualified doctoral program must have a significant research component that leads to the completion of a merit/expert-reviewed thesis, major research project, dissertation, scholarly publication, performance, recital, and/or exhibit.
Clinically-oriented programs of study, such as clinical psychology, as well as joint graduate research programs with a professional degree (e.g., MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D.), are also eligible programs if they feature a strong autonomous research component, as indicated above.
Institution of the Host(s)
The award is only available to Canadian universities having a Vanier CGS allocation. The Vanier CGS is only tenable at the qualifying Canadian institution that made the nomination, without exception.
Annually, up to 167 Vanier CGS scholarships are offered to deserving students who want to further their education in an area of study in Canada.
Who can apply for a Vanier Canada graduate scholarship 2021?
To be nominated for a Vanier CGS, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a foreign citizen.
To be eligible for a Vanier CGS, you must meet the following requirements:
- be nominated by only one Canadian university that has earned a Vanier CGS allocation; be nominated by only one Canadian university that has obtained a Vanier CGS allocation;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including combination undergraduate/graduate research programs like MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. – assuming it has a proven and significant research component). It’s worth noting that financing is only available for the Ph.D. element of a combined degree.
- intend to undertake full-time doctoral (or combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.) studies and research at the nominating university in the summer semester or the academic year following the publication of results; It’s worth noting that financing is only available for the Ph.D. element of a combined degree.
- As of May 1, 2022, you must have completed no more than 20 months of Ph.D. study.
- Have a first-class average in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent, as assessed by your university. Candidates should contact the institution to find out what constitutes a first-class average; and
- You must not have previously earned doctoral-level funding or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to pursue or finish a doctorate.
Application Procedure For Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
Candidates must be suggested by a Canadian institution that has a quota for the program in which they wish to enroll. The Vanier CGS program does not accept direct applications.
One of two methods is used to start an application. Either the student notifies the faculty of graduate studies at the chosen school of their purpose to apply to the Vanier CGS program, or the student notifies the faculty of graduate studies at the chosen institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program.
OR the institution contacts the prospective candidate to start the nomination process.
The student prepares the application and uses the ResearchNet application system to send it to the nominating institution by their internal deadline.
By November 2021, the nominating institution must submit proposed nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat).
It is critical to go to the official website (link provided below) to get the application form and learn all about how to apply for this scholarship.
To learn more about the scholarship and to begin the application process, go to the Official Scholarship Link.
How To Apply For Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021?
General Information about the ResearchNet Application Process
- Complete all tasks for the Vanier CGS application in ResearchNet.
- To check that your application is complete, use ResearchNet’s “Preview Program Materials” task to preview the Full Application Package version of your application.
Note: The application you see in the preview is precisely how it will appear when submitted online to the Canadian nominating institution and the Vanier CGS program.
- The full application should be printed.
- Save the PDF version of the completed application in its entirety.
- Complete the “Consent and Submit Application” procedure in ResearchNet to submit the completed electronic application. This requirement must be completed before the nominating institution can approve your application.
- From 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, call 1-888-603-4178 or 613-954-1968 for technical assistance, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please email email@example.com for program-related assistance.
Submitting an application to Vanier CGS
Tips: The following suggestions may assist you in completing your ResearchNet application. They are merely suggestions; it is the student’s obligation to submit a full application:
- Mandatory fields are indicated with bold text and stars.
- Before leaving the task page, make sure to save any modifications or additions you’ve made (s).
- In order to submit your application, all tasks must be marked as complete.
- On content-related questions and how to best present the information in the application, students should seek help from members of their faculty/department.
Application Deadline for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is November 2, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program 2021
What does the Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship entail?
For three years, the scholarship is worth $50,000 per year.
What are the requirements for the Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship?
International students and Canadians.
When is the Vanier Canada graduate scholarship deadline?
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is November 2, 2021.
Help your friends & class-fellows by sharing this scholarship with them.