HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 in United Kingdom
Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 England. Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 in UK, HEC Pakistan Scholarships. HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 in UK. Commonwealth scholarships 2020 by HEC for Pakistani Students. Commonwealth scholarships 2020 in United Kingdom
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 in United Kingdom, HEC Commonwealth scholarships 2020. Commonwealth scholarships 2020 by HEC for Pakistani Students. HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 in United Kingdom, HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 for year 2020.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 in England, HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 in England for masters and PhD. HEC Latest Scholarships in UK 2020, HEC Latest Scholarships in England 2020.
Last Date To Apply:
Merit Based, Need Based
Citizens of All Countries are Eligible
Field of Study:
Agriculture, Arts, Engineering, IT and Computer Science, Medical, Management and Business, Natural and Social Sciences
About This Scholarship:
The commonwealth scholarship is Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Masters and PhD scholarships allow talented and motivated motivated to gain advanced knowledge and skills required for development, and others those could not afford their studies in the UK.
The Commonwealth Masters and PhD scholarships are for candidates from underdeveloped Commonwealth countries, for fulltime Masters & Doctoral study (PhD) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Benefits of the programs / FINANCIAL COVERAGE
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Approved airfare with return tickets
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study travel grants
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas
- Paid mid-term visit (air-ticket)
- Family allowances as follows:
- Spouse allowance
- Child allowance
Duration of the Programs
The duration of the scholarship program is one year for Master & three years for PhD starting from fall 2020.
The admission is open under Commonwealth scholarship in United Kingdom for 2020. Basic eligibility requirements are as follow:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
all Pakistani/AJ&K national
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- For Master Scholarship, candidate must hold a first division degree complete in all aspects in graduate qualification in the relevant field of study.
- For PhD scholarship, applicant must hold a first class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification in the relevant field of study by closing date of applications
- No have third division throughout academic career
- Only two second divisions are allowed
- must not have second division in the terminal degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2019 or candidate not have studied at same level in UK before.
- Be unable to afford the study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship
- HEC may conduct test/interview or both to shortlist candidates.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity, therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of selection criteria, highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and relevancy of candidate’s selected field with Pakistan’s future development needs and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- HEC online portal will be closed after the deadline, therefore, no candidate would be able to apply after the deadline, incomplete applications including HEC and EAS online forms will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system
How To Apply:
Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa .
After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal.
- Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
- Hard-copies of HEC application form (along-with relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms may be kept saved. They will be taken from shortlisted candidates only
Help your friends/class fellows by sharing this scholarship with them.